Is selling into government part of your growth strategy? Start your government sales journey with this free information session that demystifies the process and helps you develop effective strategies.
With over $50 billion to spend across six separate industries this coming budget cycle, the Victorian Government is a large and reliable market that is worth taking into account.
Government wants and needs to work with industry to carry out its programs and activities. If you are not gaining traction, or if you have held back on approaching government because you are not sure where to start, or you doubt your business is of interest to government, then this free information session is a must.
Topics covered in Introduction to Government Sales
- The government as buyer and how government priorities influence how government deals with industry
- How to navigate the unique government procurement environment and why success demands different government sales management strategies than in the commercial sector
- Preparing government bids – What to do and what not to do to maximise your chances of winning government sales, tenders, proposals and grants
- Why responding to tenders is important, even if you don’t win
- How to approach and market your value proposition to government
Who should attend
- Sales and business development professionals, sales managers, account managers, solution architects, professional services personnel, marketing managers, delivery managers and others with public sector related roles.
- Relevant for large organisations and small to medium enterprises across all industry sectors.
- Deirdre Diamante — Deirdre’s vast knowledge of government business practices is derived from over 15 years’ involvement in government bids and awarding business.
Location and dates
This free session will be presented at Mia’s premises at Level 7, 131 Queen Street, Melbourne on the following dates (starting 12:00pm):
- 19 March, 2018
- 4 June, 2018
- 3 September, 2018
- 19 November, 2018