24 April 2018
Over the next few years, Transport for NSW will deliver Sydney Metro, Australias largest public transport project, with 31 metro stations and more than 66 kilometres of new metro rail throughout greater Sydney.
Sydney Metro is comprised of two projects:
1. Sydney Metro Northwest – formerly the 36km North West Rail Link. The $8.3 billion project is now under construction and will open in the first half of 2019 with a metro train every four minutes in the peak; and
2. Sydney Metro City & Southwest – a new 30km metro line extending metro rail from the end of Sydney Metro Northwest at Chatswood under Sydney Harbour, through new CBD stations and southwest to Bankstown. It is due to open in 2024 with the capacity to run a metro train every two minutes each way through the center of Sydney.
ICN Consultant, Thuy Ho, said Stage 2 would offer plenty of opportunities for local suppliers as the project is divided into manageable work packages including:
- Early and Enabling Works
- Trains, Systems, Operations and Maintenance (TSOM)
- Tunnel and Station Excavation works (TSE)
- Central Station Main works (CSM)
- Southwest Stations and Corridor works (SSC)
- Sydenham Station and Junction works (SSJ)
- Integrated Station Developments.
‘ICN is working closely with Transport for NSW and the successful joint ventures to bring opportunities for local companies.’
Procurement on the Tunnel and Station Excavation works has started, with packages available on Gateway.
‘There has been a wide range of work packages available, from first aid consumables, to supply trucks, right through to fauna rescue. Upcoming packages will be made available on Gateway as the project progress’ Thuy said.
The project includes 15.5-kilometre twin railway tunnels that will run from Chatswood, through the CBD and then to Sydenham, as well as building complex underground structures for six new stations in Crows Nest, Victoria Cross, Barangaroo, Martin Place, Pitt Street and Waterloo.
Companies interested in keeping up-to-date about the Sydney Metro Project should make sure their Gateway listing is current and update their preference to include notification on work packages as they are uploaded.
For more information on work packages currently available for the Sydney Metro City & Southwest - Tunnel and Station Excavation Works, go to ICN Gateway.
Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 10:00