7 March 2018
The Department of Housing and Community Development is delivering a $69 million stimulus package to the urban and regional construction sector, through much needed repairs, maintenance and upgrades to public housing.
This package aims to create an immediate economic injection into the sector and support local jobs, with the work to be delivered by the end of this current financial year.
The work is available to both large and small businesses, with major and minor works scheduled.
- complex upgrades (lighting, fencing, security, landscaping, roofing, facades, internal work)
- upgrades and restoration of vacant dwellings
- urgent infrastructure and housing work in town camps
- rejuvenation of community halls in seniors complexes
- roofing upgrades
- preventative maintenance, including pest treatment.
Businesses who are interested in the work can register online at $69 million stimulus package announced
Businesses who have already registered through the $5 million stimulus program do not have to register again.
Source: NTG Media Room