Lockheed Martin Australia is an Australian company that is engaged in research, design, development, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. We employ around 1000 people with a presence in every mainland state and territory. Lockheed Martin Australia’s programs and projects support a further 3,000 Australian industry jobs across the country in advanced manufacturing and high technology industries, providing Australia with a sovereign capability edge.
The AIR6500 Project presents an opportunity for Australian and New Zealand industry to participate in an exciting and strategically important program to build and maintain an enduring and regionally superior Australian capability with an opportunity to enter export markets. Lockheed Martin Australia is committed to identifying potential suppliers with the ability to develop, integrate, build, supply and maintain capabilities and elements within Australia and New Zealand. Opportunities for industry centre on engineering design, integration activities, equipment provision, sustainment and development of niche C4ISREW and cyber capabilities.
The Royal Australian Air Force’s vision is to transform into a fully networked 5th generation force able to prevail against increasingly complex and lethal threats. Key to this vision is Project AIR 6500, a Joint Air Battle Management System (JABMS) that will interconnect the many disparate platforms, systems and sensors across the air, land, sea, space, electromagnetic and cyber domains into a collaborative environment that provides shared situational awareness of the battlespace and the ability to rapidly plan responses to threats. This JABMS will coordinate and synchronise ADF operations, including the tracking and engagement of forces with an Area of Operations. The JABMS will be deployable in addition to supporting Australian-based capabilities.
The ADF’s existing air defence systems will be upgraded or replaced by Project AIR 6500. This investment will provide the foundation for an enhanced integrated air and missile defence system for the ADF, ensuring that the delivered system is able to fuse and share information to enhance the accuracy and speed of ADF’s systems’ response to air and missile threats. The delivered architecture will have the flexibility for further enhancement to handle more complex threats and to integrate new technologies as they emerge. The ADF will also acquire ground-based active electronically scanned array radars and passive radars and expand Australia’s access to air and space situational awareness information, including through space-based systems.
The AIR6500 project is currently in the requirements development phase leading to Defence committee consideration in 2020. A solicitation to industry for the Capability Partner and industry team lead role is expected in late 2020. The Australian Department of Defence is working with selected major Defence primes on elements related to the project design and that is expected to continue. Decisions have not yet been made on the location of workforces or potential suppliers. The delivered system will be a classified and protected system.
The AIR 6500 program presents an opportunity for Australian and New Zealand industry to participate in an exciting and strategically important program to build and maintain an enduring and regionally superior capability. Lockheed Martin Australia is committed to identifying potential suppliers with the ability to develop, integrate, build, supply and maintain capabilities and elements within Australia and New Zealand.
General Information on AIR 6500
More information about the project you can find here
New Zealand Industry Briefing
Due to current movement restrictions imposed by the both Australia and New Zealand Governments associated with the COVID-19 pandemic, the AIR 6500 NZ Industry Briefing roadshow is postponed indefinitely. More information will be provided when available.
How to register an Expression of Interest
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to Lockheed Martin Australia for this project.
- Lockheed Martin Australia will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project and will invite shortlisted registrants to tender. It will then be the responsibility of the successful bidder to enter direct contract with the company.
ICN Gateway Company Registration
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- Your company summary and company description are used to assess your ability to complete projects when you lodge an EOI- please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies previously registered for this project don’t need to register again, just keep your profile up to date.