The Matagarup Heirisson Alliance, Decmil Australia Pty Ltd, SRG Global Civil Pty Ltd and Arup Australia Projects Pty Ltd, is one of two short-listed companies tendering to Main Roads WA for the design and construction of the new Causeway Pedestrian and Cyclist Bridge.
This iconic project will include two bridge sections, one connecting the City of Perth to Heirisson Island and another completing the path from the island to the Town of Victoria Park. The new Causeway Pedestrian and Cyclist Bridge will deliver a safer, more connected crossing for all kinds of cyclists and pedestrians.
Scope of works includes construction of:
Footbridges, retaining walls and other structures including:
- New Footbridge No. 9505 over the Swan River south of Heirisson Island (hereafter called McCallum Park Footbridge);
- New Footbridge No. 9506 over the Swan River north of Heirisson Island (hereafter called Point Fraser Footbridge); and
- Associated retaining walls and other structures.
Separated path, shared paths and footpaths:
- The separated path, shared paths and footpaths;
- A new separated path comprising a cycle path and footpath over the Swan River, between the existing path network at Point Fraser and existing path network at McCallum Park;
- Shared paths and footpaths connecting the separated path with other paths; and
- Replacement or realignment of affected existing paths, and temporary paths.
- Provision of pedestrian and cyclist safety fencing.
- Accommodation works affected by the Project.
- Drainage including underground drainage, basins, subsoil drainage and culverts.
- Installation and modification of public space lighting to the separated path, shared paths, footpaths and stairs to integrate with the surrounding public realm. Installation of integrated architectural and feature lighting on the footbridges and approaches, including to illuminate pylons and the superstructure.
Signage and pavement marking:
- Removal of signage and pavement markings no longer required, provision of new signage and pavement markings and modifications to existing signage and pavement markings within and outside the Site which are required as a consequence of the Project.
It is expected that the contract for the bridge will be awarded later this year with construction to start in 2022.
To support the project’s objectives, the Matagarup Heirisson Alliance is seeking early engagement with local suppliers to maximise opportunities for local industry and to increase Aboriginal business participation. We are inviting expressions of interest from Western Australian companies interested in supplying or participating in this project. Please provide your information in the registration below.